Wednesday, August 26, 2015

UPDATE AND NEW DISCOVERY

Erie, Pennsylvania
August 26, 2015

We arrived home safely at about 5 p.m. DST on Monday. The ease of going to the CDG airport by taxi and our flight were probably the best experience flying we ever had! We had been up 21 hours before we finally went to bed.

Today, Wednesday I think we are just about back to normal and I have begun reviewing my notes and photos and organizing everything. We had an extraordinary trip. I loved being back in France, our new tour friends, our tour guide Mike Hanlon, all that we learned, and Tim's engagement in the whole experience.

Also today I discovered that my Uncle Roy, my mother's only brother, was in the 28th Division. I knew he was in the 112th Infantry out of Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania, but I did not know he was in the 28th. If only I had done that research before I left. Mike could have given me more information about where his division/regiment was. I am upset at myself for this. On the bright side, I know that we were in Chateau Thierry, as was Uncle Roy. My brother found a book that focused on Uncle Roy's Regiment and Division.
Roy Hall back from World War I, 
holding his new sister--my mother, born 10 Apr 1919. 
Bear Lake, Pennsylvania

I have updated Sunday, August 23, because there was so much to say. I plan to update Saturday, August 22, 2015 tomorrow.  Now that I am home at my desktop I can more easily add photos and text. I am grateful though for my Gateway 10.1 inch Touch laptop. It was so much easier to carry and certainly served its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment